Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Did I Mention A Long Four Years?

Yes I did, in the preceding post below:
DENVER - Mayor John Hickenlooper's annual State of the City address may get more attention for what wasn't included than what was.
At the start of the event Tuesday morning, City Council President Michael Hancock introduced singer Rene Marie to perform the national anthem.
Instead, she performed the song "Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing," which is also known as the "black national anthem."
Rene Marie, a black woman - of course - said later:
When I decided to sing my version, what was going on in my head was: 'I want to express how I feel about living in the United States, as a black woman, as a black person.
Well hell yes. The annual "State of the City" address by the mayor" is just the place for that sort of thing, at least if you're a mostly shaved-bald black woman with an attitude. Michelle "I'm finally proud" Obama would be proud of her.

**********Singer Rene Marie. You tell 'em, Sista**********

Check out the guy in the grey suit with his hand over his heart while Rene blurts out a black unity song. Heart attack, not paying attention, or just confused on what to do?

Going to be an interesting four years, to say the least, what with all these suddenly "empowered" nobodies getting in our faces.

No comments: