Tuesday, September 09, 2008

But It's Not Racism

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Monday it was "unacceptable" that there were so few black people like herself in the US diplomatic corps.
I want to see a Foreign Service that looks as if black Americans are part of this great country.
Rice told that to a gathering of blacks (what else) in Washington.
I have lamented that I can go into a meeting at the Department of State, and, as a matter of fact, I can go into a whole day of meetings at the Department of State and actually rarely see somebody who looks like me, and that's just not acceptable.
Perhaps the lack of fellow blacks in the State Department has something to do with IQ and talent, but Ms. Rice is not concerned about that... She is concerned that so many don't "look like me"... As in black skinned.

And damned if that ain't racism.

No comments: