Saturday, February 23, 2008

Michelle Obama And Her Thesis

Michelle Obama's Senior thesis at Princeton has surfaced, in which she wrote:
My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second.
A bit of pent-up resentment there towards whites, wouldn't you think?

Michelle wrote that the path she chose by attending Princeton would likely lead to her "further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant."

The words of an angry, but under control individual, well schooled in the art of using words as weapons. She definitely has a real problem with whites and white society.

The idea of an possible black racist in the White House with massive influence on a black president is quite worrisome.

No comments: