Saturday, June 09, 2007

Barbeque

Wife and I have been searching for a good barbeque joint since one of the best ever closed down in Waxahachie, Texas.

We tried yet another one today, just south of Forney, Texas, but it had that lighterfluid aftertaste in the meat, always present when the cook starts up the charcoal using a boost from good ole' lighter fluid. When are they ever going to learn?

This place was in bubbaville central. There was a big ole' boy wearing a black Tee-shirt which said:
This is my Glock. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Under which was a silk-screen rendition of a Glock semi-automatic.

I was going to comment to him about his love for a silk-screened Glock, and that my weapons weren't ink, but made of real metal. However, I refrained, since he looked--at acted a lot like--that Sheriff in "Macon County Line".

It was the guy sitting at the table behind us with two females that took the cake. We both actually heard him tell those two women:
God loves me, and he loves my testicles too.
And to my undying surprise, neither of those two women laughed in his face.

Now that I think about it, I would have most likely paid good money to have heard that conversation in it's entirety.

True story... happened just today.

2 comments:

TheWayfarer said...

Interesting to see the mind-boggling redneck ignorance I was exposed to in Amarillo for 5 years of my mis-spent youth is not a localized phenomenon.

Anonymous said...

ROFL Galt:

Five years in Amarillo? My deepest sympathies...