Monday, June 30, 2008

Speaking Of Being Scammed...

I have a mage in World of Warcraft, recently referred to by some online putz as possibly the worst mage ever(I wouldn't make him a refreshment table), and booted me out of the group.

So I read a blurb about how some online outfit called IPWN.COM was selling a complete manual(to be downloaded to my computer) on how to make your mage one of the toughest ever.

Still sore about having been called the worst mage ever - even if I am - I sent the 17 bucks to the address provided.

Guess what? NO downloaded manual(four days later), just an e-mail thanking me for trusting their products.

Another lesson hard learned... don't commit money when you're angry... some son-of-a-bitch is just waiting to jump in and skin your butt.

And damn it all... I know better.

2 comments:

Astrosmith said...

Hey Bob, do you want to buy my e-book about how to get out of debt?

Bob said...

LOL....

Seventeen bucks isn't much of a debt to worry about.

But if i ever run across the little chiseler, he's going to find himself with four flat tires, no headlights, and no windshield... promise.

Besides, I thought your e-book was on landing topnotch engineering jobs in Colorado, jobs where you are respected and honored, from one of those snazzy high-tech firms up and down Garden of the Gods road.

You know, one of those places where the HR manager is some twenties or thirties-something female with a masters in human relations? Single, childless, but dead center on her career path?

Don't get me started again...