Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Surprise

My son called us up and told us to get over to his place, he and his wife wanted to take her Mom and the two of us out for a dinner treat, it being Father's day and all that.

The three ladies headed for the mall for an afternoon of shopping and a general great time - which they had - and since my son and I had no desire to tag along, he asked me if I wanted a bite to eat to hold me off till the big dinner spread.

I said sure, let's swing into Taco Bell for a burrito. He made a detour to Lowe's first, and got me this for Father's day:





Heh.

A John Deere LA-105 mowing tractor, just perfect for the acre I have to mow all summer. Electric start, a million speeds, comes with a handy drink holder built in. Even has a sun shade.

Then we went to Taco Bell and got the burrito.

After that, he took me over to his brand new office for his gaming company, and the two of us assembled some of the new furniture for the various office spaces, computer niches, conference room, etc., until the ladies phoned and told us they were ready for dinner.

And then we went out for the big dinner feast, which was superb.

There are very few sons in this world like mine.

No comments: