Monday, October 02, 2006

Rice Can't Remember

Secretary of Whatever Bush wants Rice is now showing visible signs of that univeral beltline malady, memory loss.

Condoleezza Rice said she cannot recall then-CIA chief George Tenet warning her of an impending al-Qaida attack in the United States, as a new book claims he did two months before the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. Says Rice, in plainest english:
"What I am quite certain of is that I would remember if I was told, as this account apparently says, that there was about to be an attack in the United States, and the idea that I would somehow have ignored that I find incomprehensible".
Yeah, right. Rice continues, in a totally successful attempt at clarification:
"I don't know that this meeting took place, but what I really don't know, what I'm quite certain of, is that it was not a meeting in which I was told there was an impending attack and I refused to respond".
Well, now, thats clear as crystal.

And she did NOT have sex with that man, either.

News flash:
WASHINGTON, Oct. 2 — Members of the Sept. 11 commission said today that they were alarmed that they were told nothing about a White House meeting in July 2001 at which George J. Tenet, then the director of central intelligence, is reported to have warned Condoleezza Rice, then the national security adviser, about an imminent Al Qaeda attack and failed to persuade her to take action.
Surprise, surprise.

No comments: