Friday, April 04, 2008

Fred Hits Another One

This latest from Fred On Everything:
From Reuters I have the following, by President Bush, speaking of his dilettante foray into Afghanistan:

"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed…It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks."

This bears thought, though not by the faint-hearted. Yes, we expect elected officials to dissemble to gull the rubes. This is after all the world’s greatest democracy. And sure, fourth-grade English is coming to be a sign of advanced study. Fine. But, dead serious, the man is crazy. “Romance” in Afghanistan? Democracy in…has he never been out of his back yard? The splendid fun of confronting danger? His condition sounds like organic brain damage or a serious case of arrested development. It’s great to be Peter Pan until Tinkerbelle gets gut-shot.

Don’t misunderstand me. I have nothing against an honest liar, but he seems to believe this stuff. I’m not kidding: He needs to be shrink-wrapped and put somewhere safe for the duration.
What else is there to say?

No comments: