Thursday, December 28, 2006

Memory Lane

I just re-visited a very early post by Fred Reed entitled "A Codpiece for Clinton". I was struck by the idea that one could change "Bush" for "Clinton" and "Iraq" for Kosovo", and the piece would become accurate and up-to-date.

While bush is into fighting horridly expensive and deadly wars to prove his macho maleness, Clinton only bombed a few targets and then got the hell out, his macho-dudeliness apparantly satisfied.

Maybe it was because Clinton was also into diddling fat chicks in the Oval Office that his maleness required so much less war and death.

Perhaps the answer to the mess in Iraq is just another fat chick, but maybe a Mexican Senorita this time. Ole!

2 comments:

Tom said...

I think you are on to something here...

TheWayfarer said...

Maybe 2007 will be "The year America finally starts minding its own freaking business"...
Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.