Thursday, August 23, 2007

Paying the Price

Lindsay Lohan, another tiresome blonde from the same mold as the others of her social status, said:
It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs."

"I broke the law and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case."
Actually her Attorney, Blair Berk, entered pleas on Lohan's behalf: she pleaded guilty to two counts of being under the influence of cocaine; no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above .08 percent and one count of reckless driving. Two counts of driving under the influence were dropped.

Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers (below) after an hourlong hearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge H. Chester Horn Jr.'s courtroom, said, "She's getting what everyone else would get".

Yeah, right.

Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers at press gathering

If Lohan were to be convicted of another DUI, she would receive a mandatory 120-day jail sentence, Meyers said.

In Lindsay's case, paying the price amounted to one day in jail. She won't even need a change of underwear.(if she wears any)

And ten days of "community service". I'll bet Paris Hilton is just livid.

No comments: