Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Should Have Seen This Coming

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but words can never hurt me.

Boy, is that obsolete!
TALLAHASSEE -- A state legislator whose district is home to thousands of Caribbean immigrants wants to ban the term "illegal alien" from the state's official documents."I personally find the word 'alien' offensive when applied to individuals, especially to children," said Sen. Frederica Wilson, D-Miami. "An alien to me is someone from out of space."
Senator Frederica Wilson. Serious money says she is a immigrant of some form or another, speaks fluent Mex, and married some guy with a "white" name.

Just a guess of course, but the odds are in my favor.

2 comments:

TheWayfarer said...

Absolutely right. We should call them what they are:
Law-breaking wetbacks!

Anonymous said...

Yup...

The term "alien" to me has come to mean a diseased, border-jumping illegal who wants nothing less than to steal all the things we have created for ourselves and our kids, including our country.

The dudes from outer space I refer to as "extra-terrestrials". (or however it's spelled)