Thursday, February 23, 2006

Choosing the template

Bloggers are offered a selection of default templates to get started. I chose the one you are looking at because it is one of the easiest to read. I have found that white backgrounds, or very light backgrounds along with some off-the-wall text will cause eyestrain and eventual headaches if looked at too long.

Just selecting the text style can be a hassle. Many different eyes may be reading what one writes, and flowery, colorful or fancy text styles will get in the way of your message.

I learned this over the years using programs such as AutoCad, Mentor Graphics, Cadence, Royal Septre, 3ds Max and others, and I found this combination of colors and text style to be quite comfortable to read and was pleased to find that it was a default template, no hard work involved.

Any dressing up of this site will not occur until I learn a lot more about HTML, or Hyper Text Markup Language for us tyros.

No comments: